Window Blinds(“we”; “us”; “our”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information at all times in everything we do.
We are the data controllers in respect of the personal information which we hold about you. As data controllers, we are responsible for determining the purposes for which we use the information we hold about you.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), this privacy notice sets out how we use your information in the course of operating our business and also sets out your legal rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This privacy notice applies to our use of any personal information which we may collect from you through your use of this website, including any information you may provide when you request any product or service from us, sign up to our newsletters / mailing list or take part in any survey or any competition or promotion sponsored by us. In addition, this privacy notice also applies to our use of any information about you which we may collect from you or any third party via post, phone, email, social media or any other means of communication.
The information we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer a number of different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes name, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes delivery address, email address and phone numbers.
Transaction Data includes details of products and services you have requested / ordered from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile Data includes details of orders made by you; subscriptions by you to our newsletters / mailing list or any other services we provide; details of any interests, preferences, survey responses, feedback or complaints which you have communicated to us; and details which you have provided in relation to taking part in any competition or promotion sponsored by us.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing materials, promotions and/or newsletters from us and/or any third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also be required to process additional information about you from time to time in the course of operating our business where this is necessary for the purposes of administering our business correctly and/or promoting our products and services effectively.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How your information is collected
We will mainly collect personal information about you through direct interactions with you. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us through our website or by post, phone, email, social media or any other means of communication. This includes personal information you provide when you: (i) order our products or services; (ii) subscribe to our newsletters / mailing list or any other services; (iii) request marketing materials to be sent to you; (iv) enter a competition, promotion or survey; or (v) provide us with any feedback or other communications.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We may also collect information about you from other entities in our group, from our business partners and from various other third party service providers, such as PR agencies, professional advisers, analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and providers of technical and delivery services.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes at any time during your relationship with us.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those legitimate interests.
Where we need to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
We may also use consent as a lawful basis for providing you with marketing communications in certain circumstances. For further details, please see the Marketing section below.
The table below sets out a description of the main ways we plan to use your personal information and which of the relevant lawful grounds for processing we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you require details about the specific lawful ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one lawful ground has been set out below.
Purpose/Activity Lawful grounds for processing
Registering you as a new Sample Room customer. Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Processing and delivering your orders / purchases and providing you Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
with products or services in connection with any contract which you
have entered into with us.
Communicating with you for the purposes of providing you with Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
any products or services which you have ordered / purchased from us. Necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our
business correctly and promoting our products and services effectively.
Managing our relationship with you, including
reviewing and responding to any questions, feedback or other Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
communications submitted by you. Necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business correctly,
promoting our products and services effectively, developing and
improving our products and services and responding to queries or
Providing you with the opportunity to take part in competitions
or promotions. Necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting our products and
services effectively and developing and growing our business.
Providing you with the opportunity to complete surveys. Reviewing
any survey responses or other communications from you in relation
to your experience of our products and services. Necessary for our legitimate interests in studying how customers
experience our products and services and developing and improving our
products and services.
Administering and protecting our business and this website
(including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance,
support, reporting and hosting of data). Necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business correctly,
ensuring the provision of effective administration and IT services,
maintaining network security and preventing fraud.
Delivering relevant website content and online advertisements
to you and measuring and understanding the effectiveness of the
advertising we serve to you. Necessary for our legitimate interests in studying how customers use our
products /services, developing and improving our products / services,
keeping our website up to date and relevant, growing our business and
informing our marketing strategies.
Using data analytics to improve our website, products / services,
marketing, customer relationships and experiences. Necessary for our legitimate interests in defining the types of customers
for our products /services, keeping our website up to date and relevant,
developing and improving our products / services, growing our business
and informing our marketing strategies.
Providing you with marketing materials, newsletters and promotions
and also providing you with suggestions and recommendations about
products and services that may be of interest to you. Necessary for our legitimate interests in developing and promoting our
products and services and growing our business. In certain
circumstances, we may use consent as a lawful basis for processing
personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We may use your personal information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which
products, services, promotions and/or offers may be relevant for you for the purposes of marketing.
Marketing materials issued by us
You will receive marketing materials from us if you have requested this information from us. You may also receive marketing materials from us if you have requested products or services from us, or engaged in negotiations with us in connection with our products or services, or if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials. In these circumstances, we will provide you with marketing materials on the lawful basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in developing and promoting our products and services and growing our business.
If you have provided us with your details and none of the above circumstances apply, you will only receive marketing materials, email newsletters or email promotions from us in circumstances where you have provided an opt-in consent which confirms that you want to receive such marketing from us. In these circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party marketing
We will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share any of your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes. If you have provided your consent to third party marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to the use of your personal information for such marketing.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to such processing, we will cease to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing materials at any time by: (i) following the opt-out links on any marketing communication, email message or email newsletter sent to you; or (ii) contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we retain your information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosures of your information
We may need to share your information with various third parties which provide services to us or act on our behalf in connection with the operation of our business. In particular, your information may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
Other entities in our corporate group.
Professional advisers (including legal advisers), auditors and insurers.
Other third party service providers which provide services to us in connection with the operation of our business, including but not limited to: IT and system administration services and other technical services; data analytics services; marketing services; and logistics and delivery services.
Trade associates and business partners.
Third parties with whom we may enter into negotiations in respect of a commercial agreement, e.g. joint business venture.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
HM Revenue & Customs and/or any other public authority or regulatory authority in circumstances where we are required to disclose personal information by law.
We require all third party service providers to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not permit our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
International data transfers
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, e.g. if we use third party service providers from another country such as the USA. In these circumstances we shall put in place suitable safeguards to ensure that your information is held securely. If you require further information about the safeguards put in place you can request it from us by contacting us by email at the email address set out below.
Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Your legal rights in relation to your information
Under the GDPR, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information which we hold about you. We respect your legal rights in relation to your information and aim to uphold your rights in everything we do. Your legal rights under the GDPR include the following:
Subject access right – You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal information which we hold about you and a description of how we use your information.
Right to rectification – If you believe any information we hold about you may be inaccurate or incomplete, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies.
Right to erasure / Right to be forgotten – You can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances. However, please note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to data portability – Where we process your information using automated means of processing on the basis of your consent or for the purposes of performing a contract with you, you can request that we supply such information to another party in a machine-readable format.
Right to restriction of processing – You can require us to restrict or suspend our processing of your information in certain limited circumstances.
Right to object to processing – Where we process your information on the lawful basis that such processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
Right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes – You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to us processing your information for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your information for such purposes.
Right to withdraw consent – If we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your information. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your information carried out before you withdraw your consent.
How to contact us
Please get in touch if you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your legal rights or if you have any complaints or feedback about our use of your information. Please contact us at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com
If you wish to submit a complaint or express any concerns about our use of your information, please contact us in the first instance. We will do our best to resolve your complaint or address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint or addressed your concerns, please note that you have right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Please note that we may update this privacy notice at any time. Any changes to this privacy notice will be posted on our website, and where appropriate, notified to you by email.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Window Blinds and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Window Blinds. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Window Blinds takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which governs Window Blinds's relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term 'Window Blinds' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Cysulog, Maerdy, Corwen, LL21 0PA, Wales. We are a sole trader business. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all goods you buy from us. We have written them in plain English to make sure that you fully understand your rights as one of our valued customers. Your order is subject to these terms and conditions, so it is important that you read them carefully.
We do not seek in any way to limit your statutory rights as a consumer in any way in these terms and conditions.
We use the following defined terms throughout these terms and conditions to avoid repeating ourselves and to make them easier for you to read and understand:
• 'Goods' means the blinds or other window furnishings / products supplied by us which are the subject of your Order.
• 'Order' means an order made by you for the supply of Goods.
• 'Order Form' means our ordering process.
• 'Price' means the price of the Goods, plus any delivery charges.
• 'Sales Literature' means all brochures, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and websites used by us to advertise and promote the Goods.
• 'You' means the person ordering Goods from us.
• 'We' means Window Blinds, Cysulog Maerdy, Corwen, LL21 0PA, "us" and "our" shall be construed accordingly.
• Our Sales Literature invites you to order goods from us generally via an Order Form.
• Once we tell you by email that we have accepted your Order a binding contract for the supply of Goods exists between us (a 'Contract'). If we fail to confirm our acceptance of your Order in an email for any reason, our acceptance will be deemed to have occurred when we dispatch the Goods to you.
• Our respective cancellation rights are outlined in conditions 4 and 5.
3. Price and Payment
• The Price will be the price shown on the Order Form and will include all taxes applicable from time to time.
• Deposit is required after an order is made and emailed to you. Payment will be made as agreed during order.
• Quotes are valid for 7 days from the date of quote.
4. Cancellations By You
• If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep the Goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
• However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any made-to-measure or custom-made Goods. This includes any blinds on our website unless otherwise advertised. Whilst you do not have the right to cancel your " made to measure " order we do still want to be entirely reasonable with you. If you have changed your mind before your Goods have been dispatched please contact us as soon as possible, as we may still be able to halt the production process. If that is the case we may be able to refund you what you have paid less whatever costs we have already incurred in processing and manufacturing your Order, but we cannot guarantee it.
• If we do agree to refund your order, there will be a minimum administration cost of 20% of the order value or a £15.00 charge, whichever is greater. This charge will be waived if you re-order goods at the same time as cancelling.
5. Cancellations By Us
We reserve the right to cancel the Contract or decline your Order if:
• We have insufficient stock of the fabric or product required to manufacture and/or supply the Goods.
• Any of the Goods were listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information made by us and/or received by us from our suppliers.
• If you are not ordering from the UK.
• If we do cancel your Order we will notify you as soon as possible and will credit to you any monies you have already paid us relating to your Order within 30 days of your Order. Although we appreciate that you may be disappointed in such circumstances we will not be able to offer you any compensation for any disappointment you may suffer.
6. Product Descriptions
• The product information and photographs contained in our Sales Literature are provided for illustrative purposes only and we cannot warrant that they are accurate. We would always recommend that you use our free sample service.
• Whilst every effort is made by us to ensure that Goods sold and delivered to you match in every respect any sample or description we may have shown or given or sent to you, minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
• It is very important that the measurements you provide us with are accurate. We are sure you will understand that we cannot accept the return of the Goods if the measurements you have provided us are incorrect as we are unlikely to be able to resell them. If you would like guidance on how to take the required measurements accurately please contact us directly and we will be pleased to help you. Our website has measuring guides and help for all blinds types.
8. Delivering Your Goods
• We aim to deliver your Goods to the address you have provided on the Order Form for delivery within 30 days of the date of your Order unless we confirm a later date to you.
• If we give you a specific date on which we expect to deliver the Goods, whilst we shall use our reasonable endeavours to meet that date it is an estimate only and is subject to change. We do our best to secure delivery within the period quoted but shall not be liable for loss occasioned by delay in delivery or arising out of any cause beyond our control. We advise you do not book or arrange for a fitter to install your blinds or curtains until the order has been delivered and you have checked it is complete with no items missing. We also advise not to take specific time off work to wait for a delivery. On occasions and specifically during busy times our couriers can get delayed and not able to make delivery on the designated day. The option to deliver to a work or alternative address is available.
• Ownership of, and risk in, the Goods will pass to you once they have been delivered to you. If you return the Goods ownership of, and risk in the Goods returned will pass to us on receipt of the Goods by us.
• If more than one item is ordered we may deliver the Goods in installments and by different couriers.
• Please contact us directly if you wish the Goods to be delivered anywhere other than the UK mainland.
• You have 10 days from receipt of your goods to report any damages due to manufacturing or the delivery process.
• As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice on these rights is available from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards offices. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
• In addition to any statutory rights you may have we warrant that all Goods sold to you will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from delivery of the Goods to you and that they will correspond with their specification in the Order Form and approximately with the description given by us.
• If the Goods are defective on delivery, see above in section 8, or a defect arises within the following 12 months, you can return them to us provided you have first contacted us giving details of the defects and we have agreed that the Goods should be returned to us. Provided that the Goods have not been modified or subject to misuse or negligence and if it appears to us after we have inspected the Goods that the Goods are defective we will promptly arrange:-
• to repair the Goods and return the repaired Goods to you, free of charge; or
• deliver replacement Goods of similar quality and specification, free of charge; or
• at our sole discretion, arrange for a refund of the Price of the defective Goods by crediting your debit or credit card within 30 days of receipt of the defective Goods.
• If the Goods are not defective, or are returned to us after the period of 12 months from delivery of the Goods, or they have been modified, misused or the subject of negligence, you will be responsible for the payment of our charges on a time and materials basis in respect of any repairs and return of the Goods which we agree to carry out at your request. We shall be entitled to debit such charge on the debit or credit card which you used to order the Goods or raise an appropriate invoice payable immediately on presentation provided we will notify you of the amount of such charges before carrying out the repair.
• We also offer a one-year guarantee on majority of our blinds. The above terms apply.
10. General Terms
• These terms and conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in relation to a Contract.
• If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
• Failure or delay by us in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under the contract.
• A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
• We shall not be liable to you nor be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Contract, or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.